Franklin Sports paddles are well-known for being strong, lasting a long time, and being of top quality. With so many models out there, choosing one can be confusing. Don’t worry; the Franklin pickleball paddle reviews are here to help!
We looked at many paddles to find the best Franklin pickleball paddle. We checked how they were made, focusing on the front part and the inner part. However, it helps us see which paddles can hit hard and last long.
Next, we looked at the shape and design to see how easy Franklin is to play with. Then, we paid attention to the handle’s size and shape, ensuring it was comfortable to hold. We also looked at how heavy they are and their size to make sure they’re easy to control.
All the top-rated Franklin paddles listed below are made really well and come in various shapes and weights to match how you like to play.
Franklin Pickleball Paddles
#1 Franklin Signature Series Pro Pickleball Paddle
The Franklin signature is our top choice because it is the best paddle for 100 dollars and provides a better design and performance with extra cushioning to the ball.
Every so often, a Franklin signature paddle comes that redefines standards. The Franklin Signature Series Pro Pickleball Paddle is a product in the pickleball universe. Its grip, balance, and focus on precision make it an editor’s favorite. But the real testament is its consistent performance, game after game.
It is designed with insights from those who know the game best. This paddle speaks of excellence. It’s not just a paddle; it’s a testament to the art of winning.
From its MaxGrit technology that gives you a grip like no other to the robust polypropylene core that promises lasting durability, it’s clear that this paddle has been crafted for champions!
1. Top-Notch Quality: Built with professional insights, this paddle promises the best of both worlds—design and performance.
2. Unrivaled Grip: The MaxGrit technology ensures every swing is vibration-free, allowing for precision even under pressure.
3. Built to Last: The combination of a polypropylene core and fiberglass surface guarantees durability while ensuring you never miss that sweet spot.
4. Tournament Ready: With its USA Pickleball certification, it’s your perfect partner for competitive plays.
1. Premium Price: Superior quality might mean a slightly heavier price tag.
#2 Franklin Nomex Pickleball Racket
Franklin Sports presents its Nomex Pickleball Racket, a quality paddle designed for all skill levels and approved for tournament play by USA Pickleball (USAPA). It stands out with its ergonomic grip, balanced weight, and expansive sweet spot.
When I decided to delve into the game, I purchased four Franklin rackets for my spouse and me. Out of all, this particular racket felt the most comfortable. While advanced players have informed me that it’s more of a beginner’s paddle, my review is based on that perspective.
For someone like me—a senior woman with medium-sized hands and arthritis—it’s an excellent starting point. The grip is just right, and it’s light enough to prevent wrist strain. I use it occasionally, and it’s held up well. However, the price feels a bit on the higher side for such a basic racquet.
1. USA Pickleball Approved: This paddle is certified for tournament play, ensuring you’re using equipment that meets official standards.
2. Ergonomic Design: The 5-inch handle promises a comfortable and customizable grip, making play easier and more enjoyable.
3. Midweight Balance: Weighing between 8.0-8.0oz, it strikes a good balance for players, ensuring agility without compromising on power.
4. Durable: Comes with a robust rubber guard for added protection, ensuring the paddle lasts longer.
5. Ample Sweet Spot: The unique design boasts a large sweet spot, catering to players of all skill levels and ensuring a consistent performance.
1. Perceived as Entry-Level: Seasoned players might see this as a basic or newbie racket, potentially lacking advanced features.
#3 Franklin Christine McGrath Pro Player Paddles
After playing with this Franklin paddle, we have noticed that Endorsed and crafted with the expertise of pickleball sensation Christine McGrath; this paddle is a blend of elegance and raw power.
With features such as the MaxGrip surface coating and a meticulously crafted 13mm polypropylene core, this paddle is all about delivering unmatched gameplay.
The Franklin Christine McGrath Franklin Edition isn’t just a paddle; it’s a statement. It tells the world that you’re serious about your game, ready to compete with the best and win. The paddle’s pedigree, combined with its outstanding features, makes it a must-have for any serious pickleball enthusiast.
However, this is the best paddle that the pro pickleball players use to take their game to the next level.
1. Star Design: Having been shaped by the insights of pro player Christine McGrath, this paddle is synonymous with elite gameplay.
2. Spin & Control: With its MaxGrip technology, achieve perfect spins and enjoy vibration-free play, ensuring you remain in control, always.
3. Power Meets Precision: The 13mm polypropylene core paired with a fiberglass surface guarantees powerful shots without compromising on the paddle’s sweet spot.
4. Tournament Ready: Embellished with the USA Pickleball stamp, it’s geared for both competitive and tournament plays.
1. Premium Price Tag: Quality and endorsement come at a cost, making it a bit pricier than its counterparts.
#4 Franklin PMI Core X-Charge Pickleball Racket
The PMI Core X-Charge Pickleball Racket by Pickleball-X isn’t just another paddle in the market. It has been precision-engineered for players who want nothing less than elite performance. Leveraging state-of-the-art Polymethacrylimide core technology, the X-Charge promises reliability, ensuring it won’t falter even in the most intense matches.
Each strike with this paddle guarantees power coupled with precision. And for those seeking validation, pro player Ben Johns, one of the most recognized figures in the world of pickleball, has been spotted wielding the X-Charge in various tournaments, further cementing its status in the game. So, are you ready to step up your game?
1. Advanced Core Technology: The use of polymethacrylate in its core provides an edge in strength and durability.
2. Elite Performance: Specifically engineered to cater to high-stakes, competitive matches.
3. Consistent Reliability: Made to withstand demanding play, ensuring it won’t let you down.
4. Optimized Strikes: Be it power or control, the X-Charge delivers on both fronts.
1. Might Be Intimidating for Novices: Its power-packed performance might be overwhelming for beginners.
#5 Franklin X-1000 Polypropylene Core Racket
The Franklin X-1000 is more than just another paddle; it’s an amalgamation of design brilliance and top-tier technology. Its polypropylene core speaks of innovation, while every other feature screams reliability and top performance.
Beyond its impressive specs, the Franklin X-1000 calls out to players seeking reliability and peak performance. This paddle is crafted for those looking to level up their game to move from the sidelines into the spotlight.
If you want a paddle that complements your ambition and becomes an extension of your arm and intention on the court, then the Franklin X-1000 is your match. Don’t just play; play to be remembered.
1. Strong Core: The polypropylene core makes this paddle robust, ensuring it stands up to rigorous play.
2. For Every Player: Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned pro, the large sweet spot ensures you get that perfect hit more often.
3. Feather-light: Weighing between 7.7oz to 8.2oz, this paddle ensures agility without compromising on strength.
4. Built to Last: Accidental smacks against the court? No worries. The fiberglass surface, coupled with a sturdy edge band, keeps this paddle looking and performing new game after game.
1. Premium Feel, Premium Price: Its top-tier features might come with a slightly hefty price tag for beginners.
Franklin Pickleball Paddles Beginners Guide
We, as dedicated pickleball specialists, will guide you seamlessly through the process of picking the perfect Franklin paddle.
Aligning with Your Inner Player
First and foremost, understand your playing style. This not only amplifies your strengths but also makes the game more enjoyable.
- For the Powerhouses: If your game is all about those powerful shots, go for a paddle with some heft. A heavier paddle with a sturdy core will serve you best.
- For the Strategists: Precision and strategy are your strengths? Opt for a lightweight paddle that allows nimble moves and swift ball placement.
The Core of Your Game: Paddle Materials
Franklin boasts of a diverse range of paddle-core materials. Here’s your easy reference:
- Polymer Core: Loved for its durability, this core is a solid choice for a balanced game. Suitable for players who love a mix of power and control.
- Nomex Honeycomb Core: This core provides a fine blend of might and finesse, albeit slightly louder. If you love a solid hit sound, this one’s for you.
Surface & Texture: The Game’s Tactile Element
The paddle’s surface plays a pivotal role in how the ball interacts with it. The feel, spin, and control are all affected by this:
- Smooth Surface: Offers a consistent feel and is typically preferred by players who rely on predictable strikes and placements.
- Textured Surface: Great for players looking to add spin to their shots. The added texture grips the ball a tad more, allowing for those sneaky spins that can catch your opponent off-guard.
Getting a Handle on how you hold your paddle can dramatically influence your game. Thus, grip size matters:
- Small Grip (4″ – 4 1/4″): Suitable for players with smaller hands or those who want to employ more wrist action in their strikes.
- Medium Grip (4 1/4″ – 4 1/2″): The middle ground, suitable for most players. It provides a comfortable hold without compromising wrist movement.
- Large Grip (4 1/2″ – 4 3/4″): Best for players with larger hands. It offers stability, especially for power players, but may limit wrist flexibility.
The Price Point: Investing in Your Game
While it’s tempting to go for the most premium Franklin paddle, it’s essential to balance cost with your skill level and commitment to the game:
- Beginner Range: The beginner range price of choosing the Franklin pickleball paddles between 30 to 70 dollars is ideal for those just starting or playing casually. These paddles offer basic features at an affordable price point.
- Intermediate-Range: As you progress, so should your paddle. This range offers better materials, more refined designs, and improved performance.
- Pro Range: For avid players or professionals, these paddles provide top-notch materials, advanced design features, and the best in-game performance.
Franklin vs. Onix
Franklin has carved a niche for itself with its robust polymer core paddles that strike a balance between power and control. However, Franklin is the best if you want to play pickleball on the court, whether in the hot or snowy areas because they are made with durable materials.
On the other side, Onix shines with its lightweight paddles, often crafted with a graphite face and a Nomex honeycomb core. These features make Onix paddles a touch player’s dream, allowing for heightened control and finesse, especially during soft plays at the net.
Franklin vs. Selkirk
While Franklin offers consistent performance across different play levels and styles, it particularly stands out in the intermediate range, providing excellent value for money. Selkirk, a brand frequently seen in professional pickleball tournaments, prides itself on integrating advanced paddle technologies. Their premium series, like the AMPED, is renowned for delivering raw power without sidelining touch, offering a unique experience that many pros vouch for.
Franklin vs. Paddletek
Franklin’s emphasis has always been on creating paddles that last. Their durability, paired with a pocket-friendly price tag, makes them a favorite among many recreational players.
Paddletek, in contrast, has made significant ripples in the pickleball community with its flagship Bantam series. These paddles are synonymous with quality and are recognized for their superior shock absorption. Competitive players often lean towards Paddletek for its commitment to performance enhancements.
Franklin Sports Pickleball Paddles – FAQs
Where should I book my Franklin replacement parts?
If you need replacement parts for your Franklin Pickleball paddle, head to Franklin Sports’ official website.
What Franklin paddle does JW Johnson use?
JW Johnson uses the Franklin Signature Carbon STK Paddle for his pickleball games. It’s a preferred choice among pros and stands out in the Franklin lineup.
Is Franklin a good paddle brand?
Franklin is a reputable and well-regarded brand in the pickleball world. They offer a range of paddles suitable for players of all skill levels, from beginners to professionals. With a history of producing quality sports equipment, their pickleball paddles are known for their durability, innovative features, and performance on the court. Many professional players, as well as recreational enthusiasts, trust Franklin paddles for their games.
So, buying the best Franklin pickleball paddle can be tricky, especially with so many options out there. But if you’re looking for the best in 2023, we’ve got your back. From our research and reviews, the Franklin Signature Series Pro Pickleball Paddle is one of the best out of the rest. It’s great for both beginners and experienced players. So, if you want the best, this best Franklin pickleball paddle is our top pick!